Who We Are
Box Butte Development Corporation (BBDC), a non-profit corporation, committed to supporting our mission, “TO MAINTAIN, ENHANCE, & DIVERSIFY THE ECONOMY OF BOX BUTTE COUNTY NEBRASKA.”
Your membership offers you the opportunity to have an active role in matters that affect the community and local businesses.
- Business listing on website with acknowledgement of membership level
- Receive Director’s Monthly E-Column stating key information on new business developments, economic trends, and changes in the marketplace
- Entitles you to vote at the Annual Meeting
- Board of Directors Eligibility
- Provide input at Strategic Planning Sessions
Engaging with BBDC and Historic Main Street Alliance is an investment in the future of your business and all of Box Butte County. We join together to lock in the competitive advantage of the region for those of us who live here now, and those to come.
What We Do
BBDC provides confidential business counseling. We work in partnership with Box Butte County citizens to support economic opportunities by retaining, expanding, and attracting business, industry, and agriculture throughout the County. We help connect you to the information you need!
- Promote and support local business owners through improvement and expansion
- Assist in the successful transfer of existing businesses to next generation entrepreneurs
- Build a more prosperous, dynamic, and sustainable local economy
- Encourage and support local individuals with the desire to start a new business and turn an idea into profitable reality
- Enhance the community’s ability to attract and recruit new businesses—as well as new residents and families– to our area
- Create an atmosphere which encourages superior youth leadership and a vibrant small business climate
- Maintain a monthly County-wide rental listing available on our website or by stopping in the office.
- Maintain list of available Sites & Buildings
- Offer a Business Assistance Center, use of copier, fax, projector and other office equipment at a free or reduced rate.
Our Success Stories
BBDC was instrumental in…
- Updated Housing Study November 2014
- Retail Leakage Study March 2014
- Alliance Re-Certified Community 2014
- Partnered with City to establish Community Redevelopment Authority (CRA)
- Hemingford Leadership Certified 2016
- Lodging Feasibility Study 2016
Quote from Member
“Through the programs and leadership of Box Butte Development Corporation, the businesses and business leadership in the area have access to resources we wouldn’t have on our own. With membership in BBDC comes a natural and healthy collaboration between businesses, communities, and agencies who otherwise may not have an opportunity to interact on a regular basis. I have benefitted personally and professionally through my institution’s membership in BBDC.”
Western Nebraska Community College
MEMBERSHIP INFO –
⃝ GOLD $2500
⃝ SILVER $1000
⃝ BRONZE $750
(Based on # of Box Butte County Employees)
⃝ 51+ Employees $500 #____
⃝ 16-50 Employees $300 #____
⃝ 6-15 Employees $250 #____ ⃝ 1-5 Employees $200 #____
⃝ INDIVIDUAL (Household) $75